Before submitting DVA claims, make sure you have everything set up correctly with our handy guide to setting up your Medicare add on.
To submit claims, you need to first create an invoice. For this example, we will simply create an invoice through: Clients > [choose client] > Invoicing > Create Invoice
Step 1 - Start a claim by creating a new invoice
Once you create an invoice, select one of the DVA options from the 'Medicare Claim' drop-down list (as pictured below). The 'Service Category' may also need to be set
Step 2 - Add Consultation information
The compulsory fields to enter at this step are:
- Date of Consultation
- Provider Number
- Allocate to referral
Step 3 - Billing Information
- Enter the relevant Service Type by starting to type in the item code. The fee, owing amount and other fields should then automatically populate
- Ensure that no payments are recorded against the service type, as the client has not paid up-front for the consultation
- Tick the 'Transmit' box, to indicate that you wish to send this claim to DVA for processing
- Occasionally, 'Flags' may be required to supply extra information about the consultation to DVA
Step 4 - Client Information
The client information should populate automatically, based on the Client details on record. However, you are able to modify these on the invoice as well.
Step 5 - Referral\Request Information
Similarly to Step 4, the referral details should automatically populate based on the Client's details. Again, these can be manually updated if needed.
Step 6 - Claim Information
The fields in this section may vary slightly, depending on which type of DVA claim you have selected in Step 1, as well as the Service Category.
- The 'Certificate Store' should already be set by default
- 'Authorised by Client', 'Send request now' and 'Submit claim to Medicare assessor' should all be set to 'Yes'
- If activated within your Medicare claiming defaults, you can also alter the 'Payee provider number'
Step 7 - Save the Invoice
Now that all relevant fields are filled, you can add any notes if you wish and then click Save Invoice when completed