coreplus' Medicare Online integration allows you to transmit bulk bill claims so you can receive payments for your consultations. At the time of submission, Medicare will receive your claim instantaneously. This initiates their process so you can get paid!
📝 Before you can transmit bulk bill claims through coreplus, you will need to have completed the relevant setup for Medicare Online Claiming
Once you have followed the relevant setup for Medicare Online Claiming, you will need to have completed the below processes to ensure you're ready to transmit the bulk bill claim.
- Set the type of Medicare Claim to Bulk Bill Claim
2. Read the Bulk Bill Declaration and then click Accept
3. Ensure the Service Category is set to Specialist
💡 If your patient required a referral for this consultation please set the Service Category to Specialist, otherwise you can leave it as General
💡 You can also set the Invoice Recipient to Medicare if you wish. Doing this will enable you to using this as a recipient filter for a series of financial reports
4. Set the required Consultation Information such as the Date of Consultation, Location, Referral Information, Time Consulted and Provider Number
5. Allocate the Service Type to the invoice and tick the Transmit box
💡 NOTE: Do not apply a manual bulk bill payment against the invoice while generating the invoice as this will cause issues with the Medicare reconciliation
6. Confirm the referral information has been allocated to the invoice
7. If not already specified, set the required claim information such as the Payee Provider Number and Certificate Store
8. Set Send request now to Yes and then click Save Invoice
9. After submitting the claim, you should then see the bulk bill assignment advice