In the event that you need to communicate via email or text with your clients, you can follow the below guide to enter their contact information into the recipient field without having to click their names individually.
💡 Both SMS and email will require an export and then a slight adjustment in Excel to be able to paste them into the recipient field.
💡 The steps for modifying the data in Excel, which is the same for both types of communication.
This article includes:
💎 By default the SMS Appointment Reminder to the client will show in the timezone of the practitioner. If you would prefer the time sent to be in the client's timezone, reach out to support via Live Chat or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can enable this feature for you.
Send an SMS to all clients
To retrieve a list of all your client's mobile numbers, you will need to complete a Data Backup of client details.
Instructions on how to complete this can be found in our existing guides:
Send an email to all clients
You can quickly get an export of your client's email addresses by following the below steps.
1. From the Dashboard click on Data > Batch Jobs
2. Then under Mailing > Mailing Labels
3. From here you can select either Client or Referrer addresses and what the Marketing Consent status from their details page is. (Client is what we want in this example)
4. Select whether you would like to Print or Export the list to a CSV file (Export is what we want in this example)
SMS or Email within a date range
If you'd like to specifically contact clients that have appointments within a set date range, you can now export these details from within our booked report.
1. From the Dashboard click on Reports > Calendar
2. Click on Booked Appointments > Select a date range and click Run Report
3. Click Download and follow the below steps for either mobile number or email address
Preparing the data in Excel
Once you have the text file with the emails or mobile number you would like to contact, you can either copy and paste the entire column into a 3rd party SMS provider or email client, or follow the below steps to get them ready for use in coreplus.
We will use the Mailing Labels email addresses export as an example but if you are looking for mobile numbers, the same steps will apply to the client details file from your Data Backup.
1. Open the file using the File > Open menu option in Excel
2. Insert two new columns next to the email addresses or mobile numbers OR use two blank columns next to the data you need. Then fill one column with a semicolon character and drag this down
3. In the second new column next to the first semicolon, enter the following formula:
=CONCAT(G2,H2) and drag this formula down as far as needed.
Some cells can have hidden spaces where the formula may not work. In these cases, please use the following formula: =TEXT(L2,"0000000000") & TEXT(N2,"0")
🛑 The below Gif is an example - Your exact column letters may vary!
4. Click on this column and copy it
5. Paste this into the recipient field in coreplus for either Email or SMS
💡 We suggest adding the email addresses into the BCC recipient field to ensure confidentiality - Click Show/Hide Additional recipients to show the BCC field
💡 For mobile numbers that start with 0, after opening the file in the excel sheet, you'll need to right-click on the column > Format Cells > Custom > click on 0 > enter ten zeros > Ok
💡If you need further assistance on the concatenation formula in Excel, Microsoft has a great help article here
You may also be interested in:
Please let us know if you have any questions and don't forget to rate this help article below, so that we can continue to improve our support to you!