If you've made a mistake with a Pin Payment, you have the option to proceed with a reverse or refund. This guide shows you how to reverse or refund a transaction.
🛑 Refunds and reversals have to be processed from coreplus, to reflect on the invoice accordingly. Partial payments or refunds are not supported via coreplus.
What is the difference between a refund and reversal?
The process of applying a refund or reversal is very similar, however, the end result is different.
When a reversal is applied, the amount owing on the invoice will change to reflect the amount reversed. In other words, the invoice will be owing an amount after the reversal is processed
When a refund is applied, the amount owing will remain as '$0' and a 'refund' will be recorded in the payment history. In other words, the client does not owe any further payment on the invoice.
💡 If you'll need to take payment again, you would need to reverse a payment, not refund the payment. However, you may need to create a new invoice to proceed with a new payment.
To proceed with the refund/reversal please follow below steps:
1. Go to Invoicing and navigate to the invoice
2. Click on Action > Edit, if the invoice is locked, please proceed with Action > Unlock first
3. Scroll down to the $ button next to the service item
4. Proceed with either refund or reversal - a trigger warning will explain the outcome of either option
5. If successful, click OK to finalise and update invoice once actioned.
The below articles may interest you as well:
Please let us know if you have any questions and don't forget to rate this help article below, so that we can continue to improve our support to you!