Add an appointment
Step 1. Select 'Calendar'
Step 2 - Select 'New Appointment' or
double click on a free space in your Calendar
Step 3 - Select the client
3.1 For existing clients
Begin typing the clients name, then select client name from the drop down list
3.2 For new clients
Click the + Client button...
- This button is a quick and easy way to add another client to coreplus.
- This saves you time by allowing you to create clients on the fly.
3.3 For clients on the Waiting List
Click the Waiting List button...
- This function is using in conjunction with the waiting list which is accessed from the calendar.
- The waiting list is essentially used for clients who are unable to book in an appointment (often due to practitioners unavailability), but would like to be booked in whenever possible.
- For example - a client would call up and ask to be put on the waiting list for an appointment. Another client (who had an appointment booked in) would then cancel their appointment thus freeing up a time in the practitioners schedule. The practitioner/receptionist would then look at the waiting list; see that a client is on the waiting list and be able to put them straight in from here.
- This saves a great deal of time and is extremely convenient for both the practitioner/receptionist and client.
- For clients to be in this list, they must first be added to the waiting list.
Step 4 - Populate details of the booking
- Where the appointment will be located.
- A single site is generally equivalent to a single physical address.
- These are called "sites" in coreplus.
- > Learn how to manage sites in coreplus.
- Many practices have multiple rooms.
- For example, a practice has two sites; one in Taylor's Lakes and another in Hawthorn.
- The Hawthorn site has about five rooms, each of which a different practitioner operates out of.
- To make things more manageable for both the practitioner and receptionist, coreplus allows the Hawthorn site to be broken down into each individual Room which makes tasks like adding appointments a much smoother task. The coreplus calendar can also be filtered by room to make navigation easier.
- > Learn how to manage rooms in coreplus.
- Creating different types of appointments can greatly speed up the process of adding appointments in and make the calendar much easier to read through color coding.
- Appointment types are predefined items that when selected will populate on the appointment screen.
- For example, their is an appointment type called 'Blood Test'. When this appointment type is selected a few things will automatically happen. The time duration will be set to 60min, the location� will be set to Melbourne City, the practitioner to Sample User and when the appointment is saved it will have a red background. These are all set within the Blood Test appointment type.
- Many practitioners/receptionists love to use this feature due its power to color code appointments.
- By color coding appointments, practitioners can easily see what types of appointments they have for the day. For example they may have an appointment type called 'Initial consultation' which is color coded blue. When a practitioner then looks at his calendar for the day and sees numerous blue appointments he knows straight away that those appointments are for new clients without opening up a single appointment.
- > Learn how to manage Appointment Types in coreplus.
- The practitioner who will be taking the appointment.
- The date the appointment will take place.
Step 5 - Select the Referral that belongs to this clients appointment (This is only if you have activated Multidisciplinary)
Step 6 - Select your Reminder and if you would like your client to receive a reminder via email or SMS
Step 7 - Other Options, then click 'Save'
- Instant messages can be sent to practitioners a predefined amount of time before the appointment is scheduled to start. This is essentially a quick reminder to practitioners. So if you have an appointment scheduled for 10.00am, and have the Reminder set to 1 hour before; at 9.00am you should receive an instant message reminding you of your 10.00am appointment. Instant Messages appear in the top right hand corner of the Dashboard or can be found by navigating to the Dashboard > Communication > Instant Messaging.
- To remind clients of their appointments, emails can be sent out to the clients directly, These can be customised from your settings menu.
- Automatic SMS messages can be sent out to clients to remind them of their appointment, These can be customised from your settings menu.
- Attended: Select If the client has attended their appointment
- Billable: Select if the appointment is chargeable
- No show: Select if the client did not show for their appointment
- Canceled: Select if the client canceled their appointment
- Private: Select if you would like the appointment to be hidden from everyone else. If your calendar is shared with other people, however you would like to keep this particular appointment hidden, you can select this check box to do so. Others will see that the space is taken up in the calendar, however they will not see any details such as who the appointment is for etc.
- Any notes that you may like to include for the appointment.
Rescheduling and Recurring appointments
Magnifying Glass symbol (Find best Fit)
- By clicking on this symbol, you will be presented with the 'Find Best Fit' tool. This tool essentially allows practitioners/receptionists to enter in certain criteria (location / dates / times etc), which is then used to find all available appointment slots which satisfy the criteria. So a client may have called up and asked for an appointment with any practitioner, between June 20 and June 25 any time between 1.00pm and 5.00pm. The receptionist would enter this information in the Find Best Fit tool which would then produce a list of all available appointments that satisfy the criteria. From here the receptionist would finish up by clicking on the appointment the client would like.
- By clicking on the circle symbol, you should be presented with the 'Recursion Settings'. These essentially allow appointments to be repeated at set times. For example, a client comes in once every ten weeks and has been doing so for the past three years. It is obviously a redundant task to have to repeatedly enter an identical appointment once every ten weeks which wastes much time. In response to situations like these, coreplus allows the process to be automated, so that a single appointment can be created which will then repeat every ten weeks.
- Once in the 'Recursion Settings' screen you are required to enter three pieces of information
- Weather you you would like the appointment to be repeated Daily, Weekly, Monthly or Yearly
- Depending on which option was selected above, you would then be required to further clarify when you would like the appointment to be repeated.
- The last step asks for how long this recursion should run for until it should stop.
- So lets go through an example. Mr Luke comes in every second week on a Tuesday and will be for the next six sessions. We want to automate this through the Recursion Settings' to save some time down the track.
- We would firstly click on the circle symbol to bring up the settings
- Seeing as though we want the appointment every second week we would select weekly and then select 2 from the drop down list to represent that we would like the appointment repeated every second week.
- The days of the week are also displayed, which are selected depending on which day of the week you would like the appointment to repeat on. In this example we would select the check box 'Tuesday'.
- The last step is to define how long the recursion should run for. We would select the 'Repeat' check box and then 6 to signify that this recursion should stop after the sixth appointment.
- Once done, simply select Ok; save the appointment and the recursive appointments will automatically be placed onto the calendar.
Luke Darmanin -