Edit the claimant in a Patient Claim
Changing the 'Claimant' on a Patient Claim is generally used in instances where the client themselves is a minor, or under the age of 18. The 'claimant' is claiming on behalf of the client and will receive the relevant rebate from Medicare.
Step 1 - Record the claimant in the client's file
- To change the Claimant on a Patient Claim, you may need to have added this person in the client's file. This person needs to be added in the Family section within the clients account. NOTE: This step is not compulsary
Step 2 - Create an invoice
- In the client's file, Create a new Invoice
- Here is a link on how to create & submit a Patient Claim
Step 3 - Press 'Change Claimant' on the invoice
- To change the Claimant on this invoice, you need to scroll down to the 'Client Information' within the Invoice and select 'Change Claimant'
Step 4 - Select 'Insert Family' member
- When you select 'Change Claimant' a new screen will appear which will allow you to insert the family member that you have recorded above.
- Alternatively, you can type in their details manually
Step 5 - Complete the claim as normal
Daniela Bozinoski -