Below we'll cover how to use Openpay on an invoice for a client, which will allow them to pay the invoice in regular installments.
Before you begin, you will need to have set your practice up as an Openpay partner, and your client will need to have an Openpay account and be able to provide you with their Customer ID.
1. From the client's Invoicing page, hover over Actions and select Edit.
If the total owning amount is between the min/max limit of your Openpay account, you can click the Pay with Openpay button.
2. You will need to have the client’s Openpay Customer ID and enter it in the Customer ID field. Then click the Transmit to Client button.
3. The payment page will show the plan and order status as Pending... screen. At this stage, the client will need to approve the plan on their mobile app. (Details on how the client manages and accepts the plan can be found here)
4. Once the client approves the plan on their mobile device, you will need to return to the Pay with Openpay pop up and click the Check Status button. Once this shows the plan as Active and the Order as Approved, click the Complete Sale button.
This will then apply the paid amount (less Openpay's Merchant fee) to the invoice.
5. Close the Openpay pop up and click the Update Invoice button. You will find the payment amount has now been applied to the invoice.
Once you go through the above steps to start allowing a client to pay an invoice via Openpay, the client will see the plan details in their Openpay app on their mobile device and they will be able to accept the plan.
Further details on how the client manages and accepts the plan can be found here