Extract a data backup on a Mac
Due to the in-built zip software on OSX not supporting full 256bit encryption protocols we have decided to suggest the use of iZip so that your client information can be subjected to the highest level of encryption and security available.
The following guide covers how to use this third-party software to extract your coreplus data backup successfully.
- Please note, the option to export your data will not be available unless you have subscribed to coreplus.
- The backing up of data can only be done by a supervisor.
- For Mac users, a recommended file extraction software is iZip.
Step 1 - Select 'Settings'
Step 2 - Select 'Data Backup'
Step 3 - Click 'Run New Backup'
- You will now be presented with a screen like the one above. This screen details all previous backups, and their basic information.
- To create a new backup click 'Run New Backup'
Step 4 - Select the data you wish to backup. then click 'Save Backup'
- Once 'Run New Backup' has been selected, the above screen will be presented.
- Simply enter the phone number you would like the password to be sent to (Please ensure the password you enter is your own)
- Select which data you would like to backup.
- Once you have entered the mobile number and selected which data you would like to backup, you can finish by clicking 'Save Backup'
Download and install iZip
Step 1 - Download iZip
Step 2 - Install iZip
Click on the izip.dng file from the Downloads folder and drag the iZip icon into the Applications folder when prompted.
Extracting the Backup
Step 1 - Navigate to 'Personal Files'
Step 2 - Select the data backup file
Step 3 - Open iZip by running it from the applications folder
Step 4 - Select 'Open Other'
Step 5 - Select the data backup file from the 'Downloads' folder
Step 6 - Select 'Load Internally'
Step 7 - Enter the password which should have been sent out via a SMS
Andreas Papastergiadis -