Getting Your Client Portal Ready - From Start to Finish
Follow this guide and your Client Portal will be ready to use.
Step 1 - Enable the Client Portal
- Select 'Add-ons' from the Dashboard, then click on 'Client Portal' (as pictured above).
- From there, click the 'Enable' button to activate the Client Portal.
Step 2 - Define your Portal Settings
- Set up your logo & new Client Portal website address.
- Ensure the available settings are aligned to your practice's needs.
Step 3 - Update your Practitioner Profiles
- Clients will use practitioner's specialities in the Client Portal. You'll need to ensure the specialities are configured accurately.
- Specialities can also be thought of as the type of treatment the client requires (e.g. psychology, physiotherapy).
- Upload profile pictures for your practitioners. These will be visible in the Client Portal.
- As the name suggests, appointment types are used to define the types of appointments you can book on your calendar (e.g. initial consults, follow-ups) and also defines appointment lengths.
- You can map these to your specialities, so that when a client chooses a particular one they can also choose the type of appointment they require.
Step 5 - Create/enable schedules
- Schedules are used to publish availability to your Client Portal so that your clients can see when you are available.
- This is done just like setting up normal coreplus schedules. The only extra step is ticking the "Publish to Client Portal" checkbox, as pictured below
Step 6 - Test your Client Portal
- Good news! Your Client Portal, including the practitioner and scheduling elements, are now configured.
- It's important that you test your Client Portal before making it available to your clients.
- We recommend loading your Client Portal in a new web browser; and making a number of appointments. Be sure to delete these later.
- Use fake client names like "Test Test" will help you confirm your appointment tests in your calendar later on.
- Confirm appointments are visible in your calendar. Client Portal bookings are marked with a small triangle in the top-right of the appointment block.
- You may feel like updating some settings (as listed above) to refine your Client Portal as you desire.
Step 7 - Publish your Client Portal
- Now you're ready to encourage your clients to use your Client Portal.
- We recommend adding a button to your website; labelled 'Book Online'.
- Contact your website administrator, web designer, or web developer for more help.
Adam Kluga -