Submit a DVA Claim
Before submitting DVA claims, you'll just need to ensure you've followed our handy Medicare setup checklist.
Step 1 - Start a claim by creating a new invoice
- Submitting a DVA claim claim starts by creating a new invoice
- As pictured above, select one of the DVA options from the 'Medicare Claim' drop-down list
- The 'Service Category' may also need to be set
Step 2 - Add Consultation information
The compulsory fields to enter at this step are:
- Date of Consultation
- Provider Number
Step 3 - Billing Information
- Enter the relevant Service Type by starting to type in the item code. The fee, owing amount and other fields should then automatically populate
- Ensure that no payments are recorded against the service type, as the client has not paid up-front for the consultation
- Tick the 'Transmit' box, to indicate that you wish to send this claim to Medicare for processing
- Occasionally, 'Flags' may be required to supply extra information about the consultation to Medicare
Step 4 - Client Information
The client information should populate automatically, based on the Client details on record. However, you are able to modify these on the invoice as well.
Step 5 - Referral\Request Information
Similarly to Step 4, the referral details should automatically populate based on the Client's details. Again, these can be manually updated if needed.
Step 6 - Claim Information
The fields in this section may vary slightly, depending on which type of DVA claim you have selected in Step 1, as well as the Service Category.
- The 'Certificate Store' should already be set by default
- 'Authorised by Client', 'Send request now' and 'Submit claim to Medicare assessor' should all be set to 'Yes'
- If activated within your Medicare claiming defaults, you can also alter the 'Payee provider number'
Step 7 - Save the Invoice
Adam Kluga -